Monday, August 19, 2013

Elaine's Pet Resort



I'm writing this for my future self. The one that truly hopes to stay home with her children and just be a good mom. But if for some reason I must have a job, I want you (Mallorie Lane Hakanson) to be thankful for the fact that you aren't getting peed on. 

I'm more than thankful for my wonderful job, but boy it is tiring. REALLY, it's truly exhausting. Most days I get up at 5:45. It's still dark outside and therefore I believe my eyes should remain closed. However, I get up and go to work. 

My daily routine consist of....
7-11,  One- on - one plays with dogs. Usually about 10 dogs each morning. Within that I pick up poop, get jumped on, run around, play ball, get soaking wet, and occasionally....I get peed on. Gross I know. 
11-12, LUNCH. Sad to say, but most days it's my favorite part of the day. An hour to myself. No barking. No peeing, no dogs. 
12-2, Move dogs out of the indoor runs to the outdoor runs. Clean indoor runs. Move dogs back into the indoor runs. Repeat, four more sections.
2-3, prep diets (food). And hand out the food.
3-4, CLEAN. Dishes, the kitchen etc. 

And finally, it's time to go home. 

Most days it's a lot more hectic than that. There's usually a few falls, and alot of back pain from dogs pulling so much. But I don't think I'd have it any other way...for now. 



1 comment:

  1. I laugh almost every day thinking of a bunch of dogs just making you their master. hahahaha and you ave to do whatever they want and they prolly love bossing you around and hahahahahahaha you have to clean up their poop. ahhh. it's the best.

    ReplyDelete