Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Asher

This morning on my way to work I was all upset because it was early and I'm lazy and I didn't really want to go to work. So I was all bitter. And then I walked in the front door into the lobby and this beautiful little boy gave me the biggest smile and I wanted to hug him, because he made my bad morning a great one. His name was Asher.

Since I'm not an RDA (registered dental assistant) and I just do sterilization, I don't get to interact with the kids all that much. But I was really drawn to this little guy. He was just so cute. And as I was restocking the drawers under his chair he was excitedly showing me all the tools that were going to be used to clean his teeth. HE WAS THE CUTEST LITTLE GUY. And when I showed him that water squirted out of one of the tools he about lost it. All he kept saying was , "more, more!" So cute.

FUN FACT: I've always wanted to adopt a baby boy from Africa. And I don't care what anyone says. I want to do it, so I will.

Anyway, Asher was adopted from Africa with his baby brother about six months ago and today was his first time going to the dentist. He's 2 and full of life. He was so genuinely excited about being there that we all were wondering what his parents promised him if he was good. Haha. His parents told us that in Africa, children enjoy going to the doctor because it means that they are going to get some extra attention. So when they told Asher that he was going to the "tooth doctor" his eyes lit up with excitement. They also said that the reason he was so excited about the water is because he never really had much of it growing up. Water is a rare commodity where he is from. 

I think it just really goes to show what we take for granted here in the states. Thanks Asher for making my day. I hope to have a little boy just like you in the future. You're adorable sweet boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment