Wednesday, April 2, 2014

That one time I got a candy for going to the vet...

So last night my dog Molly decided that she would try to jump from the top of her dog house, to the barbecue..or so we think..and somewhere in between the jump and the landing she lost one of her "toe" nails. Like the ENTIRE nail. And she has a blood clotting disorder...so..yeah.  
We ended up being able to get the bleeding to stop and wrapped it well and put a baby sock on it so she couldn't get to it. 
Since she has a blood clotting disorder we thought it'd be best to get it checked out by the vet, just to make sure. So this afternoon my dad and I took her.  
I hadn't eaten anything other than a few pieces of LIFE cereal and I hadn't had anything to drink all day either, so I was weak to begin with. Then I had to hold molly while we were waiting in the waiting room for approximately 5 min..which isn't a big deal, except she's almost 40 pounds. So needless to say my arms were a little tired. When we got called back to a room my dad and the vet started talking about electrical things..apparently they're good friends..(news to me), and I went with the nurse to get molly checked out. Once again I had to hold her. So my arms were extra weak at this point. Then the BFF's came in to help, finally. At this point I was feeling a little weird but I didn't want to say anything so I gave molly to my dad and sat down. When they were finished my dad asked me to hold molly AGAIN while he talked to his best friend about the electrical stuff that he needed done. So I was standing with my weak arms, holding my 40 pound dog, waiting patiently for my dad when....I fainted. Feel free to LaughOutLoud. Luckily my dad was there to catch me, and more importantly Molly. The next few minutes were pretty much a blur. I couldn't see anything and I couldn't really hear anything either, but I knew what was going on to a certain extent. Anyway, long story short, I laid down for a second and everything went back to normal and the doctor gave me candy and everything was all better. 
THE END.

1 comment: