Monday, October 22, 2012

Rainy Days

Well it's official. The rainy season has begun here in Rexburg. I love it. I love the rain. I love everything about this campus in the rain. I love what the rain reminds me of... And boy does it remind me of alot of things. First, it reminds me of the day my parents dropped me off here. I think it's kind of ironic that it rained that day. I have always thought of rain in a sense of starting new. The rain brings new beginnings, washes away the old. So now everytime it rains while I am here, I will think of my mom and dad, and that day. I'm thankful for them, and all that they have done for me. I'm thankful that they let me come here. And i'm thankful for rainy days.

Another thing the rain reminds me of is softball. All the days that Gorton was completely out of his mind. The days that we had to drive out to the middle of Clovis in the pouring rain for a practice that lasted about an hour. Sometimes I wonder what the man was thinking. However, those practices brought forth a team capable of winning a championship. Rain will always remind me of the Valley Championship. I remember everything about that game. I remember thinking this game better not be rained-out. But in the end i thought the rain was so symbloic. I remember telling my teammate about the rain. Central High School had never won a championship and everyone looked down on us. They thought that that would never change; that we had no chance. But we proved them wrong. We won that game and pretty much made history. I'm thankful for rainy days.






Rainy days also remind me of the many days i spent with Bubba over winter break, back when I was in elementary school. I remember the smell of their house at Christmas. I remember the star on the top of the tree that blinked bright lights. I remember the smell of bacon every morning that I walked in. Bub was always good about that. I never doubted if he loved me. He always showed it. I remember curling up in a blanket and watching disney channel and full house and of course the Cosby Show which was one of Bub's favorites. I miss those days. I miss Bubba. I miss their house. I miss going with Bubba eveywhere in his little red truck. He's the greatest. I'm thankful for rainy days.

And last but not least rainy days remind me of home. All the days me and Lanthan would lay on the couch and watch movies. All the times my friends and I planned to have pool parties and the clouds looked as if they were going to start pouring rain. All the mornings waking up to the sound of rain outside my window. The days that me and my dad would go places in his truck and he couldn't possibly see out the windshield, but refused to turn his windshield wipers on. All the days Lanthan would finally wash his car and it would rain the next day. All the days i wore TOMS to school and had to go to Burriss' class so my feet could get feeling back into them , after being numb for so long. All the days I spent with my mom at the mall around Christmastime. I miss those days. I'm thankful for rainy days.




1 comment: